As announced in Governor’s statement of June 04, 2021, the Reserve Bank will conduct open market purchase of government securities of ₹1.2 lakh crore under the G-sec Acquisition Programme (G-SAP 2.0) in Q2:2021-22 to support the market. The first purchase of Government securities for an aggregate amount of ₹20,000 crore under G-SAP 2.0 will be conducted on July 08, 2021.
2. Accordingly, the Reserve Bank will purchase the following Government securities through a multi-security auction using the multiple price method:
3. The Reserve Bank reserves the right to:
4. Eligible participants should submit their bids in electronic format on the Reserve Bank of India Core Banking Solution (E-Kuber) system between 10:00 am and 11:00 am on July 08, 2021. Only in the event of system failure, physical bids would be accepted. Such physical bid should be submitted to Financial Markets Operations Department (email; Phone no: 022-22630982) in the prescribed form obtainable from RBI website (https://www.rbi.org.in/Scripts/BS_ViewForms.aspx) before 11:00 am.
5. The result of the auctions will be announced on the same day and successful participants should ensure availability of securities in their SGL account by 12 noon on July 09, 2021.
6. The next purchase under G-SAP 2.0 will be conducted on July 22, 2021 for ₹20,000 crore. The Government securities to be purchased in the auction would be communicated in due course.
Press Release: 2021-2022/489